Flash cards are a fun and easy way for your child to learn basic addition. Get the cards here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Flash-Cards-Addition
This set of printable flash cards can be used in two ways. One way is to print the answers at the back of the questions. Use this set for self-learning.
The second way is to print the sums and answers as separate cards. Here are some ideas on using this set.
1. Shuffle the cards and spread them all neatly face down.
2. Students take turns to open two cards at a time.
3. The cards are a match if the question and answer match.
4. If the cards don’t match, the student’s turn is over.
5. If the cards match, he or she keeps the cards and carries on playing until the cards don’t match.
6. The winner is the student with the most cards at the end of the game.
Challenge Game (2 players and a referee)
1. The referee (teacher or a third student) shuffles all the cards.
2. The two players turn their backs so they can’t see the cards.
3. The referee then spreads the cards face up in a disorderly manner on the table.
4. The referee then shouts ‘Go!’.
5. The 2 players turn around and tries to gather as many matching cards as possible.
6. They can only pick up one card at a time.
7. The referee has the final say if there are any disputes.
8. The winner is the one with the most matching cards at the end of the game.
Get the printable flash cards here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Flash-Cards-Addition