You can help your child learn Math by adapting the popular children’s card game of Snap. Instead of matching pictures, you match Math problems.
Here is how you play it.
- A pack of blank cards
- Marker pen
Write a Math problem on each card like this:
Notice that the answers all equal 24.
Create around 6 – 8 cards with the same answer. You can also have just the answer written on a few cards. Create around 40 cards in all. Then you play the game in the same way as you play Snap.
- Deal out all the cards to 2 players.
- Place the cards in a pile face down in front of you.
- Each player opens the top card at the same time.
- If the answers match then the first person to shout ‘Snap’ wins the cards.
- The final winner is the person with the most cards.
Use your Math Snap cards to help your child learn multiplication, addition, subtraction and division. You can also use the game as a way for your kids to win points to earn favors from each other.
For more Math Fun ideas, go to this site: